Your Role as Team Captain
By having a captain, your team members are proven to be better motivated and active than their individual counterparts. Lead your team by example! Show them that its easy, fun, and rewarding to be a fundraiser.
What are your responsibilities?
- Create your team!
- Recruit your fellow church members, friends, and family to join! Host an interest meeting at your parish or on a video call to share the event.
- Register your team online!
- Go to the Trek home page or click Form A Team – Become a Team Captain to begin the registration.
- Set a team fundraising and mile goal.
- Challenge team members to commit to their own personal goal. Ex: Complete 50 miles and raise $200.
- Customize your fundraising pages (personal & Team page).
- Log into the Participant Center. Update your picture and sumbit stories about why you and your team are supporting Orthodox missions. Visit FAQ for details
- Encourage your team members to register online.
- This will make sure their activity is recognized. Ask them to set up their personal pages and send emails to spread the word.
- Collect and keep track of team activity. Send updates to OCMC at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can:
- Have your team log their miles and notify you their activity.
- Form a team club on Strava. Invite your team to join and let OCMC know.
- Ask your team for help. No need to do it alone. A little assistance goes a long way.
- Help team members with their fundraising.
- Plan a kickoff and/or celebration event. Maybe something virtual. Be creative.
- Highlight different OCMC programs each week and offer reflections in your parish bulletins.
- Help track your team's mileage. Follow your team’s Strava club or collect logs.
- Submit Tracking Log to OCMC at email@example.com.